Zithromax – one of the most secure, but at the same time – the powerful drugs used to treat children in severe cases (severe and / or mixed infections, etc.).
It is worth remembering that self-medication is not the best way to treat yourself- this antibiotic refers to second-line drugs (bacteriostatic effect), ie, its purpose is justified only after failing in children other antibacterial drugs (penicillin).
This is one of the most modern antibacterial drugs, which is actively used in the treatment of a wide range of inflammatory diseases, not only in adults but also in children.
Indications for use Zithromax:
- Inflammatory diseases of the upper and lower respiratory organs, caused by sensitive pathogens (sinusitis, otitis, sore throats, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.);
- Infectious diseases of the skin and / or subcutaneous tissue (erysipelas, piodermatozy et al.);
- Sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, and others.);
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (associated with H.pylori).
- Contraindications to azithromycin
- Severe hepatic or renal hepatic insufficiency;
- Drug intolerance (allergy);
- Adolescents under 16 years of age is not recommended intravenous administration;
- Children under 12 years of age or weighing less than 45 kg, is prohibited assignment of capsules or tablets;
- Kids up to 6 months (after – suspension).
- With caution is prescribed during pregnancy, lactation (breastfeeding), and heart rhythm disturbances.
- Zithromax side effects are few and far (less than 5%). In most cases, the drug is well tolerated.
The most frequent side effects registered in children:
- The appearance of some anxiety, nervousness, increased activity, dizziness unexpressed;
- Loose stools (diarrhea), nausea, flatulence
- Possibly a slight increase in liver enzymes in the serum (normalized after discontinuation).
- Allergic to azithromycin appears very rarely.
- Manufacturers have created several drug release Zithromax forms: tablets, capsules, suspension, powder for injection.
- Mode of application:
- Zithromax dosage, mode of admission, duration and frequency of treatment these antibiotics are prescribed only by a doctor!
- Dosing varies according to the age, weight and indications. For example, children from 6 months to 12 years, you can assign only the suspension while the age of 16 – all forms of medication.
- Most often for children under 12 years Dosage – 10 mg per 1 kg body children after 12 years and adults, depending on the disease – from 0.5 to 1 g per day. Duration of treatment – from 1 to 10 days.
- Only the doctor prescribes and adjusts dosage! Do not interfere with treatment. In the event of a dispute – refer to another specialist.
The drug is not addictive.
Zithromax is good with food reception , antacids reduces its effectiveness. Several drugs (tetracycline, chloramphenicol) increases, and some (lincosamides) reduces antimicrobial activity in blood. Calls for caution in the appointment with antipsychotics (haloperidol and others.), Mood stabilizers (carbamazepine et al.), Anticonvulsants (valproic acid, etc.).
Zithromax overdose cases are rare. Symptoms: severe stomach pain, nausea, loss of hearing (short-term). If you suspect an overdose prepartatom need to consult a doctor immediately!