Generic Protonix is an anti-ulcer drug for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux.
- The main ingredient in the Protonix drug is Pantoprazole. (40%)
- Excipients: anhydrous sodium carbonate, mannitol, crospovidone (Kollidon CL), povidone K-90, K-25, povidone, calcium stearate, talc
Sheath: Hypromellose E-5, polyethylene glycol 400, talc
- International and chemical name: pantoprazole; 5- (difluoromethoxy) -2 – [[3,4-dimethoxy-2-pyridinyl) methyl] sulfinil] 1H-benzimidazole;
- basic physical and chemical properties, biconvex, coated tablets, orange;
- Ingredients: 1 tablet contains 0.04 g of pantoprazole;
Additional ingredients: lactose, pharmaceutical, corn starch, polyvinyl Lo komolekulyarnyy medical, magnesium stearate, oydrahit, talc, poly ethylene oxide, titanium dioxide pigment, yevrosert sunset yellow.
Product. Coated tablets, enteric-soluble.
- Pharmacotherapeutic group. Medications Alimentary tract and metabolism. Medications for the treatment of peptic ulcer and gastroesophageal reflyuksnoyihvoroby. Inhibitors “proton pump”. ATC Code A 02V C 02.
Pharmacodynamics. Anti secretory against ulcerative agent. Blocks final stage of hydrochloric acid formation by inhibiting it neoborot H + -K + -ATPase (“proton pump”) in the parietal cells of the stomach. Rebound H + -K + -ATFazyvidbuvayetsya by enzyme synthesis de novo. Reduces basal and stimulated (food, pentagastrin, insulin) gastric secretion. Inhibits growth N.pilori, promotes the formation of mucosal IgA specific for these bacteria Helicobacter increases the activity of antimicrobial agents.
Dosage and administration. Adults and children over 14 years prescribed 1 tablet (40 mg) a day before or during meals, without chewing and drinking fluid. When erosive and ulcerative forms of reflux esophagitis may increase the dose to 2 tablets (80 mg – the maximum daily dose).
- The duration of treatment is determined individually depending on the evidence, 12 gastric duodenal ulcer – 2 – 4 weeks for gastric, reflux ezofahiti- 4 – 8 weeks.
- As part of combination therapy Helicobacter eradication – on 1tablettsi (40 mg), 2 times a day. The duration of eradication therapy – 7 -14 days.
- From the digestive system: diarrhea; rarely – nausea, belching, vomiting, abdominal pain, flatulence, dry mouth, increased appetite.
- Central nervous system: headache; occasionally – dizziness, weakness, drowsiness, insomnia, in rare cases – initial manifestations of depression, nervousness, tremor, paresthesia, photophobia, blurred vision, tinnitus.
- From the skin, in rare cases – alopecia, acne, exfoliative dermatitis.
- Allergic reactions: rarely – rash, itching, swelling of angio neurotic.
- Other: rarely – hyperglycemia, myalgia.
Contraindications. Malignant formation of the gastrointestinal tract, severe liver failure. Hypersensitivity to the drug. Pregnancy and lactation. Children under 14 years old.
Overdose. In case of overdose may gain side effects.
- Treatment: removal of the drug, symptomatic therapy aimed at supporting vital functions. Hemodialysis is ineffective. No specific antidote.
- The application features. It is not recommended for patients with Rendered ulcer dyspepsia.
Before and after the treatment required endoscopic control to exclude malignancy for Pantoprazole may mask the symptoms and delay diagnosis. The diagnosis of reflux ezofahitupotrebuye obligatory endoscopic confirmation.
In appointing the drug to patients with impaired hepatic function inthe treatment should control the activity of liver enzymes wool. In case of increase pantoprazole should be discontinued.
Pregnancy and lactation.
- Use of the drug is possible only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus or child.
- During treatment pantoprazole should stop breastfeeding.
- Experience of the use of pantoprazole in children under 14 years there.
- Effect of driving licenses or other complex mechanisms.
- Using the drug should avoid driving vehicles and work with potentially dangerous machinery.
- Interaction with other medicinal products. Pantoprazole affects the pH-dependent absorption, slowing it to weak acids and alkalis for speeding.
Compatible with drugs that are metabolized by the enzyme participation of cytochrome P450. There were no clinically significant vzayemodiyiPantoprazolu while the appointment of carbamazepine, caffeine, diazepamom, diclofenac, digoxin, ethanol, glibenclamide, metoprolol, nifedipine, phenytoin, theophylline, warfarin, oral contraceptives.
Terms and conditions. Keep out of reach of children, dry, dark place at a temperature of 15 ° C to 25 ° C. Shelf life – 3 years.